Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Live Present, Live Now, Live Well

About the same date in 20 years ago, after my polytechnic diploma final exam, I took a bus with a luggage bag traveling to Kuala Lumpur to look for a job and continue my degree study in UTM, Technology University of Malaysia.

I was very excited, partly was because another new chapter of my life has begun. However the main reason is my girlfriend was studying in KL as well.

I shared a room with another 3 friends in one of the apartment in Cheras for the first 2 months.

I moved out and occupied a room in a double storey linked house.

The quality of life had downgraded so much after I moved out from my home town. The tap water is yellowish, the toilet was always dirty and the toilet drain is always clogged. Worse off is at that time, water supply crisis was haunting the KL residents.

After a few months, I moved to another house with some new friends. I painted my room before I move in. Things got better because we invested a unit of water purifier. No more clogged toilet drain however cleanliness was still far behind what I enjoyed back home.

The stayed in the third  house for 5 years until I got married, and my wife and me moved to a rented house.

The privacy that we enjoyed and customization of stuffs to our liking was the experience we never had when we both stayed at respective bachelor house.

The joy of having a home even though it was built on a rented house is worthy and necessary.

I regretted that for the past 5-6 years, I did not rent a house to build a comfortable home. 

Living life does not means we need to compromise the quality of life in present for future. 

Live now, live present, build a comfortable place called home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...