Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Achieving work-life balance is easier said than done

What're you working for? Yes, I'm working for a living.

What are you living for? I live for my family.

Thus, work-life balance is important to juggle these 2 main objectives in life.



At mid 30s, I found that my time at this age is most valuable in my life time because I need to spend more valuable time to my golden aged parents, time is scarce to them.

I also need to spend enough time to the growing up children as they are progressing fast everyday and you won't want to miss a single moment of their growing up stages. After they hit 18, they will leave you and treasure their own journey of life.

Hence, since 4 years back, I have persistently improving my work efficiency while appreciate and value family time. But with the working culture and perception of Asian that work long hour is necessary for great accomplishment, and also with the contribution of the lousy traffic of Klang Valley, the work-life balance that I'm striving for is just too far from me.

Even though achieving work-life balance is easier said than done, I will never give up and will continue to make improvement and adjustment. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...